Bio (A Working Title)




Hello! My name is Danny Brito. I am a big-time design enthusiast and repeatedly beguiled by the design of spaces. I am a self-described curious, engaging, and friendly person. As of now, I’ve reached the official homestretch of my undergrad at SFSU’s School of Design, where I study Industrial Design. Here at SFSU, I focus my efforts on a concentration in product design and development. My forging interests extend beyond the design of any one singular product and into the impact in which the larger, nearby environment is affected by goods or services. My vision for the following 8 weeks includes finding an opportunity where I may participate in civic engagement by offering a creative solution to real and modern urban problems. These opportunities may include, but are not limited to:

  1. A proposal to launch a pilot program to update urban street lighting in an effort to reduce the anxieties and stressors of city nightlife, or 
  2. Establish a fully-accessible creativity exhibit designed to inspire the creative confidence in younger children while quantifying their learned experience in a manner which could translate to their educational institutions for the fair evaluation of student learning.

I am most inspired by exhibition design, spatial design, environmental design, set design, as well as the all-encompassing interiors and architecture. I consider the careful planning which goes into preparing a layout and flow of any space as fascinating work. Without a doubt, I find that I am *most* inspired during my times spent alone, noticing how carefully—and in some cases, carelessly—the design choices which have been made on my behalf during the development of any space which I enter. (Think museum exhibits, trendy new bars/cafes/restaurants/hotels, college campuses).

People who fundamentally understand the uniqueness of this experience also excite and inspire me. Moreover, people interested in the intersection of art and design pique my interest. Some designers, like Carsten Höller, Adela Andea, and those belonging to Habitat Horticulture, to name just a few, seem to understand this importance of the multi-sensory experience. My hope for the future is to find an interdisciplinary team which I may join and support in endeavoring to create even more points of connection between space and design and art. Local designer and creative director of Anagraph studios, Indhira Rojas, once commented on this area of interest, urging young creatives to understand that “art is a great way to provide the vocabulary that design is lacking.” Accordingly, my envisioned future is working alongside the like-minded individuals whose collective efforts are fixed on planning and developing spaces which engage the audience while contributing to a much larger discussion on the importance and social responsibility of spatial planning.






Comments

  1. Hey Danny, very well written. I also enjoy the moments of peace and quiet, when I can hear myself think and think critically about how and why things are made. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danny, I loved reading your bio! I never knew you were inspired by exhibition design! That's awesome, I always notice this when I'm walking through an exhibition or a museum and have taken a liking myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danny! I'm a viscom major so it's cool seeing your interests as an industrial designer. I think the museum pic of yourself is very fitting considering you're interested in exhibition design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Danny, that was a very well written bio. I think designing spaces is fascinating, as it does change the atmosphere of a place. I feel inspired by the way you seem to known what influences you, and how you have a clear vision of where you want to go with your design career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny, Welcome to DES 505 Senior Design Project. Looking forward to the successful development of your designated creative research project.
    Please upload your Design Thinking Activity results - Thanks!


    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment